Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chateau de Vincennes - worth a visit?

Has anyone been to Chateau de Vincennes? Is it worth visiting while in Paris?





To give you an idea about me and things I have loved in Paris:



1) Jaquesmart Andre museum (I adore this museum)



2) Carnvalet Museum



3) Versailes



4) all the chateau in the Loire valley



5) Fontainbleu





Any suggestions for an easy morning/afternoon place to visit that wuld be up my alley would be appreciated.





Regards



Buck




|||



I have been there twice and visited the area but now the completely redone Chateau de Vincennes is open!





I wanted to go to it so much last summer!





The village is worth a short visit for lunch ( very good pastry shops and then go to the beautiful parc. It is a short ride on the metro.





If you do go to the Chateau de Vincennes please come back and report about the new remodel!!! I am excited for you to see it!





I too loved the places you listed!




|||



Hi Buck;





I would think that the Cognac-Jay museum might fit in with the things you%26#39;ve mentioned above and enjoyed.





If part of the enjoyment is the architecture then I%26#39;d also reccommend the Musee Cernuschi on the Parc Monceau. This is a gorgeous 18th centruy hotel that houses the 2nd largest Asian art collection in Paris, the Musee Guimet being the first.





Enjoy the Parc Monceau while you are there, a real treasure that few tourists get around to.





Speaking of jewles, you may want to check out the newly remodeled Petite Palais metro Champs Elysees Clemenceau..





The three I mentioned also have the added benefit of being admission free.




|||



Craigmore -



hese places seems perfect!





Two places - Musee Cernuschi and Musee Nissim de Camondo appear to be right near my hotel so I can take those in on day of arrival (easy to do while jet lagged). The next day I can do Musee Cognac-Jay and Chateau Vincennes - thpough prob in reverse order.





I looked up the Pett palais but the web site says it is closed for rennovations



www.v1.paris.fr/en/visiting/SITE.ASP… ....





Regards



Buck




|||



Buck;





That website for the Petite Palais is outdated.





The renovation was finished in March of this year. I%26#39;ve been in it a couple of times already and it is great way to spend a few hours.





Here is a link to some updated info:





…parisinfo.com/museum_monuments/…detail







and here%26#39;s a link with some pictures:





www.paris-walking-tours.com/petitpalais.html





It is closed on Mondays and open until 8pm on Tuesdays. Admission is free. A real gem.





Enjoy.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment