Thursday, April 19, 2012

Has anyone heard of or been to La Chaumiere in Nice?

I would like some more info on this restaurant - I believe they are located on the Upper Corniche? I%26#39;d like reviews, prices, etc. Their website is woefully lacking.





Also how does one get there from central Nice without a car? Taxi?




|||



Yes - I know it well. I have never been there during the warmer months, and I am not sure if it is open, but we have been there 3/4 times - the last being over a year ago.





We drove. It is expensive and a simple menu. There is this giant fireplace(chaumiere) where chicken, lamb, and beef are all cooked(not sure about fish - but I would not go there for fish). IIRC we just ordered the meat of our choice and the rest was sort of included. Amzing pates and rillets, crudite vegtables you would swear were grown by the jolly green Giant - monsters!! Salads, sides and deserts were all exceptional - simply but exceptional.





I am sure it must have been at least 75 euro a head.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:24 am, September 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment