Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Arcachon Hotels

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Arcachon? We are going in July and would prefer to be near the beach, but are flexible.




|||



So are we and I have been seaching for 12 hours for a place! They all seem to be filled for my dates in August! Tell me if you find anyplace for July!




|||



Just google the Arachon , France hotels and some good sites come up!





I had to call the ones%26#39; without e-mail in order to get a place but there are some very nice place for less than what I am paying. I think there must be a big event going on that weekend I am going.





Also search the site on the left of this posting that states Arcahon Hotels





I wanted to stay at some nicer hotels but every thing was book I am staying at Arcanti Hotel Aquamarina but I can not read the review as it is in French I used a translation page but the review did not make sense to me. I think it said that the place has no parking and the parking is far away. Also I am not sure but I think the person posted that the beach is not very close. It was the only place I could get.



TA reviewed Hotel Sainte Christaud so I called it at 33-556833853 they speak a little English but they were also booked.





Let me know what you find thanks




|||



We have just returned from a 5 day stay at Les Vagues which is a Logis de France hotel (see their website.) It is a well positioned hotel being right on the beach ie., step out of the back entrance and you are actually on sand and, although perhaps a little far for some, it is a pleasant 15 minute walk to the main restaurants and shops. The hotel itself is comfortable albeit a little %26#39;tired%26#39; as regards to decor . The restaurant looks out on to the sea and is a very pleasant place to sit and eat your meals. The food was very good but breakfast at 12 euros was very overpriced in my opinion. Arcachon itself is a nice enough town but out on a limb somewhat, so you will need a car to explore the surrounding area. Finally if you love seafood, especially oysters then this is the place for you.






|||



Going back 5-6 years ago I stayed at the Arc Hotel sur Mer. It%26#39;s on the beach in Archechon but it%26#39;s at the quiet end of the beach. It%26#39;s listed as a 4 star hotel but it%26#39;s not 4 star by U.S. standards. I remember it being charming %26amp; comfortable but not fancy. It had kind of an old world charm to it and the location was just what I wanted. Back then I think we paid about 100 euro a night.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment