Tuesday, April 17, 2012

paris location of hotel

I am booked at the hotel st beuve in July with my family.It looks like a wonderful hotel but I am concerned it is too far away from all the shops and restaurants of the st germaine area .Does this area of Paris have interesting streets to window shop and cafes to eat in?Any help would be greatly appreciated.




|||



Hotel Ste Beuve is very close to Luxembourg gardens and in the heart of busy left bank.



It is also not very far from Blvd Montparnasse, an other area full of cafes and restaurants.




|||



Thanks for your reply .I was concerned that we would have to take the metro everywhere, and I wanted my children to be able to experience the lovely streets of paris full of cafes and life within walking distance from the hotel. Can we walk to Notre Dam cathedral and other sights from the hotel?




|||



You could walk to Notre Dame in maybe 30 minutes... after a while you may reconsider and use some transportation, which is a Parisian experience after all.



St Germain is overrated in my opinion...probably b/c most shopping is too upscale for my tastes/budget. Rue de Rennes is a long shopping street with a cafe every block or two.



St Beuve is well-considered and in a great location - even better if it lies a bit outside the bee swarm of St Germain.




|||



There is definitely plenty to do, see, eat in the area. You are close to the universities. Some shopping nearby, depending on what type of shopping you%26#39;re looking for.





There are several decent Japanese restaurants (on r. Monsieur Le Prince), I liked a place called Japorama (don%26#39;t laugh, so-so sushi, yummy skewers). Same street, Polidor was good, basic French fare. Lots of crepe stands in the area. On St Jacques (near St. Severin, closer to the river), there%26#39;s a GREAT Chinese place called Mirama. Look for a hole in the wall with a line out the door.





The walking question depends on the age of your kids / group.





I stayed on r. St. Germain (or very near it) a few times, and by myself, I could walk everywhere (Eiffel, Arc, etc.). I wouldn%26#39;t recommend this with young kids.





Hope this helps...




|||



Thank you everybody for your advice ,but I still think I may be better off with the children staying closer to St Germain area




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, September 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment