Thursday, April 19, 2012

July 2007- Best way to get from Nice Airport to St. Tropez

Hi,





I am a single girl traveling alone from Nice Airport to St. Tropez in July, this summer. (I know! I%26#39;m insane!).........It seems I will need to take a plane to a train to a bus to an automobile just to friggin get there! I arrive at 2:00 in the afternoon from New York and the thought of this long journey is sending me straight to the hills from what I%26#39;ve found on the internet......................Anyone got a better way for me to do this? I even looked up a helicopter, but looks like I need to be Puff Daddy to affrod that! lol............Advice, anyone?




|||



Hi Lisa Maria 72



It is indeed a fair trek from Nice to St Tropez!



Airport cabs will cost you approx €200 %26gt; €300 EACH WAY! The clock will carry on ticking even though you%26#39;ll be sat on the coast road for ages queueing to get even close to St Tropez. It%26#39;ll take about an hour from Nice to get to the roundabout at Cogolin...afterwhich you are on the one road into St Tropez, which then becomes a lottery as to how long you%26#39;ll be crawling...my guess from your timings will be about 45mins.



My advice would be to get a hire car from the airport. Go to https:/… and see what options you can get.



As you rightly pointed out, there is a helicopter, but whilst being a showbiz and direct way to get there but suitably expensive.



If you can%26#39;t hire a car for some reason, then there are a few private transfer companies I know of (I live nr St tropez) whom may be able to help you for slightly less than the cost of an airport cab.





Feel free to email me if you need any more help





Terry




|||







Train from Nice to St Raphael then boat over. Check out http://www.tmr-saintraphael.com/ for times -5pm %26amp; 7pm in July to St T.





Train takes just over 1 hour from Nice %26amp; so does boat trip from St R - probably cheapest way to get there. You can get to train station from Airport on the 99 bus - not 98 bus. No need for cab.





You should have no problem making the 5pm boat trip on time.





My question is - is it worth going there, my answer is sadly no. Nice much better.





J




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, August 31, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment