Saturday, April 21, 2012

Converting to Euro's, best rates?

I just tried to convert to Euro%26#39;s at my bank (Bank of America) and they were going to charge me a rate of 1.42, which is about .06-.07 higher than the current rate. Additionally, they wanted to charge me a shipping fee to get the Euro%26#39;s. Maybe I am being crazy, but this seems high to me. I was under the impression that if you went to your bank in the US they would give you the best/true exchange rate. It seems now that my best bet would be to pay the 3% rate at an ATM in Paris. Any tips or suggestions? Between the exchange rate going up and now the fees, my vacation is getting crazy!




|||



It%26#39;s high. Get a few €s for walking around money when you get there. Use ATMs after that. Much cheaper.




|||



I don%26#39;t know of any circumstances where the ATM is not the best bet. Plus, then you don%26#39;t have to carry a lot of cash at once. I%26#39;ve never used anything but the ATM for at least 15 years -- just make sure your PIN is not more than four digits, and be sure to tell you bank (and your credit card companies) in advance that you will be in France so your card doesn%26#39;t get blocked for possible fraudulent use.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, September 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment