Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bateaux Les Vedettes du Pont-Neuf questions

I%26#39;ve checked the site, printed off discount ticket.





Checked through site but could not find this.





Since there are 4 boats, cruise is 1 hour and schedule shows cruise every half hour I assume the boats leave every half hour.





So do two boats leave at the same time?





Is it first come first on?. If the boats fill do you have to wait for next one? Do they tell you where to sit or is the same, first on first choice?





I see they are larger than I assumed, so if it is two boats there should be plenty of room but want to check on how full they get in Mid April.





Also would Thurs or Sun be a better time than Fri or Sat night?



.



I would have purchase online as its a great rate however I will not decide until I get there if I am going on the night cruise.





BTW for others: website shows boats, schedule and route and you can order online (pickup ticket at start of cruise) for four Euro less, or print off discount ticket if you are undecided (like me)




|||



Hi!



Got back from Paris about 2 weeks ago. Our boat took off alone, but other tour boats were on the water, they must have staggered take off times. Yes, first come first served for seating-2 seats on each side up on top (these filled up first on our cruise) lots of seating beneath.



We printed out the coupon and waited until the day we wanted to cruise to make sure weather would be clear. There was a small queue-not more than 15 minute wait.



This experience was ok for us. We had a hard time understanding our guide. Her english was heavily accented. She sits on top and amplifies though the ship, even the bottom. We actually heard her better down on the bottom by a speaker.



Hope this helps!



Veggie




|||



penny - you are such a good planner, I hadn%26#39;t even thought about these issues! I had planned on doing the evening cruise as well, and have already printed off my discount ticket. I don%26#39;t care as much about hearing the guide - I just wanted a nice romantic cruise to enjoy the lights of Paris at night. ahh..... :)




|||



One boat leaves every 1/2 hour. First come, first on. If full, wait for the next one (I%26#39;ve never been turned away), you sit where you want.





I%26#39;d do a Sunday night cruise. Take the 10:00 or 10:30 cruise, it%26#39;s usually not full in my experience. It%26#39;s a great after dinner event.





Les




|||



mmm...that sounds nice, Les - perfect for after dinner!




|||



Just be sure to have dinner nearby, and no later than 8.




|||



Hi. Would you mind sharing the website where you were able to print out the discount coupon? I am having difficulty locating it.



Sorry for the bother, and appreciate the help. Thank You, Tre




|||



www.vedettesdupontneuf.com/billet_en.php




|||



Thanks, Les! - Tre




|||



And there is no more perfect place for a pre-cruise dinner than in TAVERNE HENRI IV in Place du Pont Neuf - just opposite the stairs down to the cruise starting place.





Serious winebar - wonderful plates of different cold cuts and cheese, Poilane-bread, plus a few hot plates, that changes every day. Yum-yum....



And the sweetest couple of owners. Madame herself was especially proud of a veal-parsley paté I had, which she had made herself.



They don%26#39;t speak much english though.




|||



I was waiting for you to mention that place, Gitte.

No comments:

Post a Comment