Thursday, April 12, 2012

The lineup at the Eiffel tower

I was in Paris ten years ago and am going back there in a few weeks. I remember that the last time I went up the tower I walked to the second floor (due to the massive lineup on the ground for a lift). I then got into the lift at the second floor with no waiting. I was hoping someone might know if you can still do this.





Not as young now ,but could do with the exercise. :)





Appreciate any help. Merci




|||



We ( 14 yr old son and I ) did this two years ago( summer 2005). Walked to second and son got elevator ot top( I%26#39;ve been up and could care less to do it again) . The line up IS shorter for walk up, and we did go in the morning, ( in August) . Yes walk is long but any reasonable person can do it if they pace themselves. I am not a fitness freak by any long stretch of imagination. LOL




|||



The line for walk up is definitely shorter and you can do it at your own pace , it is cheaper too and you can go down by lift if you wish to. The Eiffel tower opens at 9:30 a.m and it is the best time to go in my opinion.



Enjoy!




|||



Definitely walk up! It%26#39;s not that hard, and anything is better than waiting in a huge line!! I agree with the previous poster%26#39;s recommendation that you arrive as soon as it opens. You won%26#39;t have to wait at all to take the stairs at that hour.




|||



This sounds exactly like what I should do, too - so there is a booth or something on the 2nd level where you pay and get a ticket to go all the way to the top? Is the 2nd level/platform also where the post office is?




|||



Yes, you can buy tickets for top on second level, as I may have said, my son and I walked up to second, then he decided he wanted to go to top, so we bought ticket to top from that level,, it was early enough in day that there was almost no line for top ,, but when we left about an hour later I did notice a line formed for top level, looked to be about 1/2 hour. Tour buses flood in around ten it seems.




|||



The post office is on the first platform




|||



Great topic something I was going to ask. Thanks





So to clairfy the tower opens at 9am and you need no ticket to walk to the 2nd floor and pay on the 2nd to travel to the top. Sounds like a perfect solution to long lines on the ground assuming of course your in pretty good shape. How many stairs? ha ha




|||



Bonjour Error repair,



I am afraid you are mistaken: you have to pay to walk up the stairs but the line is a lot shorter especially in the morning and it is cheaper too (4€).



You are not allowed to walk up to the 3rd floor but the only thing I am not sure is if you can buy a ticket on the 2nd floor to take the lift to the 3rd and I don%26#39;t remember if there is a cash desk on the 2nd floor.



Anyway you can go down by lift without having to buy a ticket.



Try their official website, there is an English version:



http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/teiffel/fr/



Bon séjour à Paris!




|||



Error Repair,



Forgot to answer your last question regarding number of stairs:1665



:) but that%26#39;s the Tower total number of stairs!!



And You should start exercising right now :)




|||



Jim80 - yes, joan1 said in her post that you can buy a ticket on the second level to take the lift up to the top. She didn%26#39;t say whether there was a cash window but I would assume that there is, right?





Thanks also to the OP who clarified that the post office is on the first level!

No comments:

Post a Comment