Tuesday, April 17, 2012

One-Day Cooking Classes

Can anyone advise on one-day cooking classes? I%26#39;ve heard of someone named Fred who I emailed but have not heard back from and someone named Anne Sfez. I would love to be shown around a market as part of the day. Any help appreciated!




|||



Fred is from Fred%26#39;s Atelier and can be reached thru his website.





Here is the link:





http://www.latelierdefred.com/





Anne can be reached by email at anne_sfez@yahoo.fr





Have fun.




|||



thanks RPL67----I have this information, but who do you recommend?




|||



I would like to recommend a site that has fun quick classes. It is called Atelier des Chefs. Some of the noontime courses also serve as a place to have lunch. The other site is La Belle Ecole. I went to one of their 2 hour classes. We made a meal and then took it home. The class was fun. Everyone in my class lived in Paris. The ages ranged from 20s to 70 so a fun group.




|||



thanks vintagebabe! Do you have contact information for these? Sounds like a great class! Did you go to a market with the instructor?




|||



The web sites can be found by googling La Belle Ecole and Atelier des Chefs. These are fairly quick informal classes so I did not go to the market. I think LaBE has a market menu which is a longer class. There is no visit to the market but I think there is a lot of talk about selecting the food. I also took a course on flower arranging at La Belle Ecole. It was a lot of fun- amazing how conversation can flow as you mangle a bouquet.




|||



I%26#39;m taking a class at the Ritz when I am there week after next - they are teaching risotto and truffles! Information is available on the Ritz, Paris website.





TX1




|||



You could take a look at Patricia Wells classes...she goes to the market, but you may have to take out a loan to afford the classes.



Those may be a week long., but you could check her website. I think its patriciawells.com.





Also, you can check out rosa jackson at edible-paris.com.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, September 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment