Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I just received these recommendations for food....

from someone who just returned from Paris:





Auberge d%26#39;Chez (something illegible)





Chez L%26#39;ami Jean





Pierre Herme (chocolate)





RElais d l%26#39;entrecote





Laduree (chocolate)




|||



Hey 2 weeks to go Supremecourt25... Pierre Herme is a 10 star must visit. Always a line but it moves quickly. I%26#39;ll take La Maison du Chocolat anyday over Laduree...IMO overpriced and touristy. But it does have excellent Confiture d%26#39;Oranges.




|||



Ladurée is the most famous place in Paris for macaroons, not chocolates .



Several favours to chose from, my favourite one is salted butter caramel . You just cannot imagine how good they are ...



Anne




|||



sorry, favours = flavours




|||



Gomac and anne - thanks so much for the input!! I%26#39;m glad to know about Laduree - Fauchon and Maison were already on my %26quot;must%26quot; list, but if I have time maybe I%26#39;ll pop into Laduree for a macaroon if I%26#39;m nearby. Herme sounds like a winner!





I saw one other post mentioning Chez L%26#39;ami Jean when I did a forum search, but not much other info - I guess if I google it, I will find the address, etc. -





Thanks again for the input!! As you can see, the eating part is just as important to me as the sightseeing, LOL! Love the recent trip report from elizabeth... great advice!




|||



Perhaps Laudree was mentioned for hot chocolate? If so, I would also add Angelina%26#39;s on Rue de Rivoli. However, if Paris is as hot this summer as last, hot chocolate might not be on your list!





Enjoy!





joy/luvparee




|||



Ooops! Laduree would be the correct name!





joy/luvparee




|||



Google nets this possibility for the first restaurant:





Auberge d%26#39;Chez Eux



2, avenue Lowendal, 75007 Paris





http://www.chezeux.com/





Oddly enough, you would have found this if you looked at the Insider pages under %26quot;bistros%26quot;



%26quot;...Auberge D’Chez Eux Avenue de Lowendal This bistro is in the 7th, near the Invalides, in a residential area of Paris. The service is wonderful, the waiters are cheerful and happy to be of help and the food is plentiful and delicious. Try their frogs legs, escargot and roast chicken.Save room for the dessert tray that comes around , you will be glad you did....%26quot;




|||



Don%26#39;t forget Berthillon ice cream! ;-)




|||



travelnutty - I think that is what he wrote, thank you so much! I have looked at the insider bistro pages before, too! Much appreciated!





And Berthillion is definitely on my %26quot;must%26quot; list, as are several other chocolate shops and bistros - I just recently received this list and thought I%26#39;d throw the names out there since they were new to me.





Thanks again everyone!




|||



…orange.fr/chloega/tartemandineframboises.JPG





Whereever you see one like that - BUY IT !! Hurry back to your hotel room, LOCK the door - BURY your face into it........



You will think you died and went to heaven !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment