Friday, March 30, 2012

Calling all men...razors in carry-on bag????

Need some help here...





I have a very expensive razor..it is the only thing I can use. I can%26#39;t use disposable cheap ones, due to sensitive skin. I am trying to consolidate everything into a carry-on size bag. My question is, am I allowed to have a razor in a carry-on these days? I can%26#39;t have them confiscate this...it is a $30 razor!





My only other thought was bringing the razor w/o the blades and buying the blades in Paris, but I don%26#39;t know if they carry double edge stainless steel blades in Paris.





Any help/advise would be appreciated.





Thanks




|||



I think the answer to this is that you can have a disposable razor such as bic in carry on; not a proper one. Someone posted this same question of airtravel forum. Anyone else know about this?




|||



I typed; carry on restriction into Google and got this page. With legal questions it is probably best not to ask opinions but to go to the relevant government authority





tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permi…




|||



Wiz is correct of course, asking the TSA directly is the solution.





Curiously, razor blades are not difficult to carry on board an aircraft. They usually pass through security with no difficulity.





However; a can of shaving cream? Now that%26#39;s a different story.




|||



Got to be a definite %26#39;No%26#39;. It would come under %26#39;sharp objects%26#39; and when you check in you are asked if you have any sharp objects in your hand luggage. You could lie but I wouldn%26#39;t recommend it.




|||



Ok,





Thanks for the help! So, it%26#39;s a no...now, has anyone ever purchased double edge stainless steel blades in Paris???? Would that be a pharmacie item or a Monoprix item?





As far as the shaving cream...no problem there...I use solid soap! So I guess I solved one problem, but created another!





Thanks!




|||



Safety razors are a definite yes, according to the TSA site.




|||



%26gt;%26gt; Would that be a pharmacie item or a Monoprix item? %26lt;%26lt;







Monoprix%26#39;s your bet. Waht%26#39;s the brand of your razor ?




|||



It%26#39;s not necessary. He can carry them on. It%26#39;s my experience that blades are more expensive in France anyhow.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, September 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment