Friday, March 30, 2012

Traveling on Paris for business; what to do by myself?

I will be in the Odeon in the 6ieme arrond. on business next week. I%26#39;m free pretty much all day monday, then stuck in meetings from 9 - 9 the rest of the week. Any recs on what to do during my free time on monday and in the evenings? I%26#39;m a single 29 yr old female, and I do speak french. Thanks in advance for your help!!!




|||



Hi;





Well, you are nicely located in the Odeon area of the 6th.





It is a great walking area. Take a stroll through the St Andre des Arts through the Place St Michel to the river and over to Notre Dame. Go behind Notre Dme and cross over to the Ile St Louis.





If the weather is nice head to the Jardin du Luxembourg via the Mont St Genevieve.





If you are interested in unique architecture visit St Etienne du Mont behind the Pantheon and check out the rood screen, only one left in Paris and a beautiful work of craftsmanship in stone...





I%26#39;m sure others will come up with more ideas.




|||



I was on my own in that very part of Paris last year, and I enjoyed many of the things the previous poster suggested. (I discovered St. Etienne du Mont for the first time on that trip and also found it beautiful.) If the weather is nice, consider strolling over to the Musee Rodin, about a 20 minute walk from where you will be. The museum is great in any weather, and the gardens are lovely on a sunny day.



If you like classical music, you might check to see if concerts are offered at any churches. I happened onto a lovely concert at St. Germain des Pres, and then had a nice dinner in the Rue de Buci/St. Andre des Arts area, which the previous poster mentioned. It was a very nice solo evening.



Bon voyage!




|||



Go to Colette: your one stop shopping trip for everything hot and trendy; from high fashion to street wear to gadgets, books, cds and make-up. 213 rue St Honore, metro Tuileries. Then if you have the energy Monday night is Disco Night at Queen yey!! ;) Enjoy!




|||



Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! I am so excited....any great clubs/bars I might visit during the week?





And, any suggestions for a great place to catch dinner solo around my area?




|||



Hi Legal Cat. You can go to the Bar du Marché at 75 rue de Seine on the corner of rue de Buci. There is a nice terrace where you can have a quick meal alone or sit in the sun and watch people go by.





A lot of people who go out at night go to this cafe. Although it is in the center of St Germain, not so many tourists are there, mostly international people living in Paris and Parisians. So you can strike up a conversation with people and ask them where to go at night.





For nightlife on your own, you can start out at someplace like Buddha Bar or the mezzanine of l%26#39;Alcazar restaurant (it is the cocktail bar upstairs) 62 Rue Mazarine




|||



Merci prahaman for the help! I will check out those places! I%26#39;m here! so tired, but very excited. I was hoping to go to the musee dorsay today, but it is closed on mondays!!!





Oh well...I%26#39;m going to do the touristy thing, walk around, etc. Maybe a nap first....




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, September 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment