Friday, March 30, 2012

Advice for 17th district

I%26#39;ve been to Paris numerous times, but have never done the apartment experience! This time, to celebrate my daughter%26#39;s 21st, I decided to take my husband and her for a 9 day stay in Paris and rented an apartment in the 17th, near rue Poncelet. As we arrive on a Sunday afternoon, I had a couple of questions.





1. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced restaurant that would be open on a Sunday evening in the area?



2. I know that some markets are closed on some weekdays. I haven%26#39;t been too successful in trying to find out the operating days/ times of the rue Poncelet market. Does anyone happen to know?





Also, I read somewhere that the train to Chartres was around 30 euros round trip, but I haven%26#39;t had luck online finding roundtrip tickets under 100 (50 each way). Suggestions?





I%26#39;m looking forward to sharing with her the joys that I had while I lived in the city almost 30 years ago (with a family) at about her age. While the monuments are so familiar to me having taken student groups for so many years, to see her experience them for the first time is going to be my birthday present while we are there!




|||



Rue Poncelet is open every day but Saunday afternoon and Monday.



Many restaurants around there and also near Place des Ternes and on side streets. ippopotamus has good steak and frites,



You can buy your ticket for Chartres at Gare Montparnasse directly,



There is avalibility,



A good market is President Wilson on Saturday (metro Iena Marceau) and RIchard Lenoir at metro Bastille on Sunday.




|||



Thanks! I imagine that we will be in too late for the Sunday markets. Might there be another nearby that will be open on Monday?





I appreciate the information!




|||



It%26#39;s my understanding that all markets are closed on Monday. the grocery stores will be open though.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment