Tuesday, March 27, 2012

TA members-Merci and Au revoir!

Dear TA members!



It is finally time to put my plan into action! A million thanks for your help! Though I have not posted often, I have read EVERY day (most days more than once!) since January. You have helped me find airline tickets, select a hotel, arrange for an airport shuttle, plan walks, and given info about womderful markets we want to visit. I learned how to use the SNFC and booked tickets to Normandy, and researched river cruises. I know who thinks what kind of shoes are best for walking, that Parsians don%26#39;t wear khakis, how to keep away from the %26quot;Bracelet guys%26quot; and learned some of the basic things to do to show my respect to the city and people we will be visiting. I even know who to think of as I order various flavors of Berthillion! I feel as if I know some of you who seem to be here every day too and wish I could take you along with me-you%26#39;ve been my companions for many weeks now.



What happens when I return-will I be able to read this site and not be jealous because I am no longer planning a trip? Sometimes actually departing on a trip is melancholy because it means that it is already starting to end. Anticipation is such a high! Wish I could put you all into my carry-on and take you with me. I feel like I will owe much of my enjoyment to you!



Au revoir!




|||



You sum it up well! The TA experience of Paris!





I%26#39;m about to leave too! I%26#39;m not packed yet, its nearly midnight, and the cab is coming at 7.30am!





Don%26#39;t know why I%26#39;m posting here - I swore that THIS time I wouldn%26#39;t be up half the night before departure! ;-)




|||



Have a great time and come back and give a report....!!!




|||



If I had known about your offer to squeeze us into your carry-on, I would have gone on a diet. I guess it%26#39;s too late now.





I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll be anxious to post your trip report shortly after you return. Don%26#39;t waste your precious time thinking about feeling jealous after your trip. Just enjoy yourself in Paris.




|||



As soon as you%26#39;re there, you will realize you%26#39;ve already started planning the next trip (even if you%26#39;re not sure yet when it will be). Enjoy your voyage of discovery!




|||



Yes enjoy it all and do post when you return. Even if you%26#39;ve been to Paris often you enjoy hearing other peoples%26#39; discoveries, thoughts, whatever! It helps pass the time between trips!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, September 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment