Friday, March 30, 2012

Trip Report

Hello - Let me just say. I LOVE Paris. I just returned from my first trip and I really want to return soon. The trip was entirely too short (only 3 days for such a beautiful city). I stayed at the Nouvel Orleans hotel in the 14th. It was right near a Metro station and incredibly convenient. In that short time I did have the opportunity to visit the Louvre, the Arc (saw the ceremony for their new President), went up to the 2nd floor of the Eiffel Tower, took a cruise down the Seine, Sacre Coeur, and walked through the Latin Quarter and Montmarte. The city is so beautiful %26amp; the food is too die for. Truth be told, I was thrilled just to walk down the Champs eating a yummy baguette sandwich. To all who are about to depart for Paris I am incredibly jealous. To all who assisted me with numerous questions in the past 2 months -- I am very grateful. As posted in other threads -- I would HIGHLY recommend taking a cruise down the Seine when they light up the Tower (right now the 9:00 cruise is perfect). It was breaktaking to be on the boat when it started sparkling. Also, the 2nd floor of the Eiffel gives you a great view %26amp; be sure to visit at night. Bon voyage!!




|||



So glad you had such a wonderful time! Please share with us where you ate some of that fabulous food!!!! :)




|||



Don%26#39;t waste your time being jealous ! Use it to plan your next trip !!!




|||



You really did alot in three days! You now have the Paris fever!




|||



Yes, isn%26#39;t Paris wonderful! You were lucky to see the ceremony for the new President! That is a rather historical event that most of us travelers will not witness! Yes, I too wonder where you ate ! Love hearing about your trip! Thanks!




|||



Oh... I%26#39;m so disappointed, but I really can%26#39;t remember the names of places... except of course, Berthillon%26#39;s ice cream. None of the restaurants were fancy. I think my biggest joy came from the fact that I was in Paris. One restaurant was in the Latin Quarter (rather touristy street, but good food) and the other was in Montparnasse - in both restaurants we sat by the window and watched the people (sadly it rained everyday so we couldn%26#39;t sit outside or picnic -- but next time!). At lunch we visted a creperie one day and got baguette sandwhiches the other (small cafe in Montmartre). Sorry I could not be of more assistance in remembering the names, I promise to do better next time. Also, in response to the person below -- yes, it was VERY exciting to see the ceremony for the new President. They closed down the Champs and had a parade to the Arc -- it was an amazing sight to see the Champs closed.




|||



did you take the evening dinner cruise on the seine. we will be there for 5 days in the beginning of june. will appreciate all of your advise.



thanks



steph




|||



Steph -- No, we didn%26#39;t take the dinner cruise. We took a regular cruise w/ Les Bateaux Parisiens -- you pick up the boat right near the Eiffel Tower (you can print off a map from their website that shows exactly where they are located). I believe the preferred river cruise operator for most of the Trip Advisor posters is Vedettes du Pont-Neuf (you can print a 2 Euro discount from their website). We would have used Vedettes; however, the night we were going on the cruise we were at the Eiffel Tower, so it was a matter of convenience for us. In any event, Les Bateaux Parisiens did a fine job. The best part for me was seeing the view from the Seine. Far and away I would say you just want to make sure you are on the boat when the Eiffel Tower is lit up and starts sparkling -- it is magical! We went on the cruise on May 15th %26amp; for that date the 9:00 cruise was perfect. Because we didn%26#39;t do a dinner cruise I cannot speak knowledably about the quality of food; however, a friend of mine did do the dinner part and said he would have preferred to have had dinner at one of the thousands of great restaurants in Paris and then went on a regular cruise.



As far as other advice regarding Paris -- I would suggest trying to stay in a hotel with easy access to the Metro. Even if you aren%26#39;t close to the major sites as long as you are on a Metro station it doesn%26#39;t matter. No matter what I%26#39;m sure you will have a great time!




|||



I agree that a night cruise is wonderful. I remember sitting on the boat when all of a sudden the Eiffel Tower started to sparkle..........this was truly magical!!! I had completely forgotten that this was supposed to happen (stupid me!), and when it did, I became ecstatic. I found the cruise to be both relaxing and exciting. I can%26#39;t wait to do it again.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 31, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment