Friday, March 30, 2012

review La Sambora Restaurant , rue Pastorelli, Nice

We enjoyed our stay at Nice Riviera Hotel from 24th to 28th April and chose to eat nearby. We ate three times at this little restaurant La Sambora, because it was nearby but also because I was very pleased that the chef took the time each time to tell me about the food and how he had prepared it. He realised that I was a very keen cook and he had enough English to explain his methods. There was a wood oven in this small rest aurant which gave a lovely flavour to the pizzas. His lasagne was delicious and a really good helping. His creme caramel was far superior to mine. We weren%26#39;t ripped off for drinks which was a bonus. I was impressed with all the restaurant menus and the diners in amny restaurants seemed to be eating substantial appetising food.



La Sambora is a small place and the clientele appeared to be locals by the way they were chatting to the management. this is always a good sign. There is a very small table by the window. We managed to have that each time, otherwise we would have been on top of other diners.



Now trying to follow chef%26#39;s instructions for his lasagne.




|||



Thanks for the tip. Could you please give the location of La Sambora? Thank you!




|||



This was our first visit to Nice and I have to say that the other places that we ate in were also very good. If you have the fixed price menu it is considerably cheaper. I made a point of looking at lots of menus and attempting to unobtrusively look at the meals being served. I thought the standard generally was very good. I did try crepe suzette but disappointed that I couldn%26#39;t taste the liqueur supposedly poured over.



We do not eat out much because generally we will argue when my husband makes a casual remark like %26quot;How much would it cost you to make this? ....or how long would it take you to cook this meal? or more usually %26quot;Very nice for you to have a meal made for you...but I don%26#39;t think it is anywhere near as good as your cooking%26quot;.....Husband thinks he is being very romantic when he says that....not giving me guilt feelings that the price of the meal would make twenty meals at home!!!!!!!!!!



I enjoyed my food in Nice.....so what?




|||



thank you Tightwads: La Sambora is a new one on me. We will give it a try late this summer. Sometimes restaraunts that the locals frequent are only so so but sometimes they turn out to be very good or even great like le tine bouchon.




|||



Tightwads,





Thanks so much for the tip - I love new restaurants to try.



Can you help me with the general region of the food, it sounds like cheap and cherful italian pizza, pasta sort of thing?



Or is the menu more varied and prices higher than I think?





I just want to decide whether to go for lunch or dinner and on what night of the week. I can then put it into my schedule in June.





Thanks so much.








|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment