Saturday, March 24, 2012

38 Rue Lauriston, close to cafes,bakeries?

We are staying on Rue Lauriston in the 16th. Will we be able to run out and get coffee in the mornings and something to eat at night without spending a fortune? How about a grocery store?





Thanks!



~K




|||



I%26#39;m not familiar with the no. 38 end of R. Lauiston which looks fairly close to Pl. Charles DeGaulle. You might want to log onto yellow pages--click on %26quot;photos%26quot; on the right and put in Paris and the address--take a %26quot;walk%26quot; down the street nearby and also nearby on Aves. Kleber and Victor Hugo and try to see what%26#39;s nearby: pagesjaunes.fr/ciweb2g-pagesjaunes/Recherche…



We stayed on R. St. Didier further down towards Trocadero--there was a small shopping center on Didier which had a Pauls and a so-so supermarket. There was also a Didier market but it didn%26#39;t have much in the way of food and was closed more than it was open. In general the 16th is highly residential and there%26#39;s not al lot in the way of restaurants, patisseries or stores. There were some restaurants around Pl. Victor Hugo and I seem to remember a pastry shop there also. There may be someone who is more familar with the streets close by your address.




|||



There are several cafes on Kleber which is the next main street over from Lauriston. also where 2 of metro line 6 stops are.(I used the cafe at one corner as a reference point back to hotel) I stayed at Ambassade 79, Lauriston.



I know I saw bakeries but exactly where sorry, I wandered all over city., so I don%26#39;t know exactly where. See if you can find addresses of Monoprix. This is the grocery/dept store where I bought most food items, good prices. I got a decent bottle of bordeaux for about $3. Some have a bakery also.




|||



Thanks. The french yellow pages helps, we are definitely more residential but I think we will survive.



If anyone has any other suggestions for that area I would still really appreciate it



~K




|||



On Av. Victor Hugo, going away from Pl. Victor Hugo for 1 -2 blocks, toward the Bois park, there are several very classy patisseries and also several bistros and restaurants. It%26#39;s a bit of a walk from your address, but it is a very nice walk toward the Bois. Expensive looking residential area. I%26#39;m not so familiar with the stretch of Av. Victor Hugo between P. V. H. and Pl. Charles De Gaulle, but I believe there are some confisseries and patisseries in that stretch also.




|||



I am quite familiar with the street. There is a very good Chinese resto %26quot;la Belle Chine%26quot; on rue Copernic, quite close in the direction of ave Victor Hugo; a very good Japanese and sushi resto on Lauriston is Tampopo; there is a nice new bistro on Copernic just past the Belle Chine; you are right next to a Franprix supermarket for easy shopping; I agree with the comments about ave. Victor Hugo; cafe le Dome and cafe Ambassades are right there for a coffee and crossant; not too many boulangeries close by; on the weekend it will be quiet with many restos closed as it is an office area primarily; as you go towards Trocadéro there are more and more places, all open on the weekend; steer clear of the le Boissiére at the corner of Laurisaton and Boissiére; there are three restos called the Klebér, the one on the corner of Klebér and Boissiére is good food at a reasonable price.





you should be fine in the area.




|||



m.giroux- Thanks, your info is great. I know the area is not as central as some could be, but we got a great deal so I thought, lets make the best of it. I have a few more questions for you if you don%26#39;t mind.





Why stay clear of le Boissiere?



I know that the area is more expensive but I%26#39;m still trying to stay on a budget for the 2 weeks we are there, should we go elsewhere for dinners or can some of them be reasonable?



Thanks again,



~K




|||



You are very welcome, Kelmani.





I got a little more organized and these are some restaurants listed approximately from the leqst to the most expensive :





la Belle Chine- rue Copernic



le Scheffer- 22, rue Scheffer



Paris Seize- 18, Rue des Belles-Feuilles



le Petit Retro- rue Mesnil



Tampopo- rue Lauriston



Cafe del%26#39;Homme - Trocadéro



in the 17th, an excellent resto:



Petit Colombier - 42, Rue des Acacias





they all post their menus outside so you will be able to see what%26#39;s what before you go in;





the reason I say avoid the le Boissiére is that it changed hands recently and is remodeled and looks good, but I had a very so-so meal there and so did an associate at another time. you will be walking by it every day and might be tempted, but I just think you can do better.




|||



Wonderful, I am going to print the list to have with me.



Thanks again!



~K




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, August 17, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment